POP goes the champagne and just like that we say goodbye to another year. Whether it was good or bad, the New Year marks a fresh start for everyone. And that’s a darn good feeling, isn’t it??
Sometimes there are struggles throughout the year that make us want to say goodbye to the past 12 months. It could have been a death, financial issues, or even family drama that make the past year seem like a wreck. While other times we can look back and think everything went really well! Maybe there was a marriage, a new baby, or a change of career, whatever it is we feel blessed.
With either scenario, we are still always ready to hit the ground running on January 1st with a new plan, a new set of goals, or just plain determination that the next year will be better than EVER!
I too feel this way each and every New Year but something always seems to happen to me…The high of the holidays wear off, the seasons change several times in our beautiful state, and before I know it I am shoved back into the slump of the daily grind. Just trying to keep my kids alive is a challenge in itself, let alone the huge list of goals I made at the beginning of January! But this year I want to keep my motivation and determination stable ALL YEAR LONG.
I can’t be alone on this so I thought I would compile a list of ways to help keep my energy going so I can actually cross off my goals throughout the year!
- Make a realistic list:
- It’s overwhelming enough for me to make a list of things I want to accomplish, so leaving out the items that I know are just not possible at this time is really helpful.
- I do this by using the A, B, and C method- A being the most important, then B and so on. This helps break down my list so I can focus on fewer goals at once, making it less daunting and more obtainable.
- Come up with a plan:
- This is especially important for BIG goals. Saying I want to get in shape is great but if I don’t have a plan in place I’m setting myself up for failure. Instead I would add that I need to exercise 3 days a week to help me get in better shape.
- Put your goals where you can see them everyday! When I do this it forces me to think about them and if I am close to achieving any on my list. If not, it’s never too late to come up with a new plan and re-engage!
- I don’t know about you but I work well if there’s a prize up for grabs! Oh, you dropped those lingering holiday pounds? Treat yourself with a new flattering outfit!
I’m no expert but I hope that you can take something away from this list. I’d love to hear what helps you achieve your goals!
What are some of your tips to keep your motivation strong all year? Chime in below and let’s help each other crush our goals this year!