I don’t know about you, but I am ready for some nice spring weather! After months and months cooped up inside I cannot wait to get outside, put my feet in the green grass, and smell the flowers!
As the weather gets warmer and spring begins to bloom everywhere we look, it is the perfect opportunity to get outside and enjoy this refreshing new season.
There are always so many things I want to do this time of year, I thought what better way to keep track of them than a bucket list? We have so many to-do lists, it is a nice change to have some FUN things to check off every once in a while!
We’ve put together The Ultimate Springtime Bucket List and various spring events in and around Genessee County. Use this list to create your own Spring Bucket List and have fun checking things off as a family! I would love to hear what you’ve added to yours!
- Plant flowers
- Have a picnic at the park
- Read books outside
- Play at a new playground
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Go for a bike ride
- Play with bubbles
- Play in the rain
- Fly a kite
- Have a BBQ
- Visit the Farmer’s Market
- Color eggs
- Have an egg hunt
- Take a photo with the Easter Bunny
- Eat bunny shaped pancakes
Check out our April Events page for several community Easter events!
- Make a bird feeder
- Paint a flower pot or build one at the FREE Kid’s Workshop on May 6th at your local Home Depot.
- Build a fairy garden
- Make cards for Mother’s Day
- Go on a nature walk! Hit the trails at For-Mar Nature Preserve and be sure to stop at the treehouse!
- Visit the rabbits and other animals at The Petting Farm at Domino’s Farm in Ann Arbor. Check out their various events to learn more about the animals!
- Visit the Titanic: The Artifact Exhibit at Sloan Museum before it’s gone May 21!
- Celebrate Earth Day at the Zoo!
Save the Date for these can’t miss Spring Events in Genesee County!
April 29 – 10th Annual Flint Handmade Spring Craft Market. Featuring over 40 local crafters and artisans with a large variety of unique, modern handmade items such as original illustrations, vintage-inspired jewelry, knit and crocheted goods, hand-poured candles, natural bath and beauty products, plush toys and much more. A perfect spot to pick up a great Mother’s Day gift!
May 20 – Vintage in the Village at Crossroads Village. Grab your treasure hunting friends for the opportunity to shop through shabby chic furniture, handmade pieces and enjoy artisan food.
May 25 – Bloom: An Event for New and Expecting Moms. Hosted at Captains Club at Woodfield, in partnership with City Moms Blog Network and Genesee County Moms Blog, with Hurley Medical Center as the title sponsor. Our guests will have the opportunity to interact with local experts, while asking important questions, gather swag geared towards new moms, win incredible giveaways and learn about brands and products that make motherhood easier!
Where are your spring plans taking you this season? Share them with us, and we’ll add them to our list!